Is tea ok to give a toddler?

caffine free only.... like camomile and decaf chai and green tea

KrazyGothGirl

Asked by KrazyGothGirl at 12:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i did i gave sleepy time to especially when they had diarrea or stuff like that my kids love tea my boy is about to be 3 i started around 11 months
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I dont really know. Im thinking no, just because of the caffene.. i would ask the doc that one.
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I would double check with your doctor, but probably. THey serve tea all over the world to little ones, but better safe than sorry.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• In limited amounts, there's no harm at all. You can even check out teas made specifically for little kids, which is usually just caffeine-free chamomile anyway.
    To specify why limited - water and milk should be the main drinks your child consumes. Think of tea the same way as juice - okay for a cup or so, but you really want them getting the nutrition of milk and the benefits of water.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I've been giving my toddler tea for awhile, I started giving him cammomile tea for his stomach and he lives it. Jus tmake sure it's the caffeine-free kind. And check the boxes some will actually say "adults only"
    IcyTink

Answer by IcyTink at 9:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My kids love tea :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Rana, you do realize that tea is mostly water, right? The kids are still getting their water while drinking tea. It's just infused with other good things.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Tea contains tantic acid which can interfere with the bodies ability to absorb iron. Doctors recommend that children do not consume regular tea. I do give my sons Chamomile tea, but I am very careful with other herbal teas.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• my 14m/o LOVES my mother's milk tea with a bit of honey in it!(I really hope he doesn't start lactating!) We also give him sleepy time tea ( lukewarm of course) to help him calm down.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My FIL gives our son green tea, he says it's good for his heart!
    JoeMama

Answer by JoeMama at 5:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2008