Tips or Secrets for Conceiving Please!!!

We've been trying to conceive since last August, and I have not gotten pregnant yet. From what I gather, this is not out of the norm- avg. is about a year to conceive? Anyways I've heard some crazy things to get pregnant, like prop up your legs after sex, or take certain vitamins. Anyone out there have any good advice that may have worked for them? I'd also like any advice for the man in the relationship! BTW, I know all the basics of ovulation and taking your temp. in the morning and all- I'm just wondering if there's any advice out of the normal!

AlleyK

Asked by AlleyK at 12:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• to be completely and totally honest all of the "tricks" in my opinion dont really work. the problem is when you become too focused on TTC and you are constantly focusing on the end result of hopefully having a baby you lose the passion and the fun and you end up stressing yourself out. Stress is a major factor in why so many women have such a hard time TTC. Honestly we tried for well over a year with no luck. I tried every single trick in the book. It wasn't until we went away for a weekend together and just had some "fun" that I finally got pregnant!!! that whole weekend we didnt even think about TTC we just enjoyed eachother and it worked!!!
    So that is my best answer I can give to anyone. Stop trying. The more you try, the more you stress and the less likely you are to concieve. just go out, relax and enjoy eachother.
    Oh, and u may not think you are stressed but chances are you are. I know how hard it can be!! Good luck!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would do the ovulation kits. They are great. They will tell you the 2 days you can become prego.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• When you ovulate you will come across this sticky stuff that is stretchy and it is clear. you are in your prime for ovulation! and the very best time for conception. I practice natural birth control and know that when the sticky stuff is there I am the most fertile so I let my husband know nothing will be going on for 48 hours after
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Propping your legs up doesn't do anything extra- laying flat for 10-15 minutes accomplishes the same thing. Even when everything is working right, you only have a 25% chance of conceiving every month. That's why it usually takes up to a year. By this August, I would ask your OBGYN for some simple tests of blood levels for you and an evaluation for your SO at a Urologist. (problems in the male side are much easier to correct). At least with some information you can find out if you have an issue, or if it's just a matter of trying to time sex correctly. Other than knowing EXACTLY when you ovulate, the "old wives tales" are usually just coincidences. Sorry- we went through 4 years of infertility (trying off and on) before getting help, and got pregnant our 2nd month of treatment. It's a difficult thing to deal with, but it's worth it. You'd be surprised how many people you know also have had trouble.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 12:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Just bang like bunnies for five or six more months...if you start stressing about it, you release bad hormones that deter your odds.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Check this out it is how we was able to concieve first month we tried it after going for almost 2yrs without concieving. GL
    http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 2:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Charting should be a part of life for all women; not just a tool for concepton.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I heard taking prenatal vitamins gets a girl ready. I always got pregnant when I didn't want to, or after always doing "IT" everyday LOL don't know why I was afraid of getting pregnant but yet always attacked him...soooo I have 4 kids now...6 pregnancies...I always forgot to take my pill. maybe getting regulated on the pill, then skip taking them every few days that's how I did it...Good Luck, but dont' have 4...they take over.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 2:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010