Has anybody ever reunited with their husbands after a couple of yrs of separation or more?

Or maybe you know someone who has? Please share your stories. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband and I did. We were married for 3 years and things were falling apart. We were fighting all the time and I couldn't take it. I left and actually ended up buying a house down the street from my husband. We stayed married. He really wanted us to get back together but I held off. I was afraid we'd get back to the same place and I didn't want anything to do with that. I really found that I enjoyed living by myself as well. Eventually we became good friends, doing things together with our daughter. He insisted that we should be together. We finally did. But we both had to grow up alot and realize what we did wrong. Now instead of spending our time blaming each other when things go wrong we focus on ourselves and tackle things more like a team. We are the same people with the same issues but we deal with them differently and it really makes all the difference in the world.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My aunt divorced her second husband and then they got back together. They were then together for another 14 years and then ended it. But, there are couples out there who have reunited after years after maybe one of them grows up. I don't know them personally though.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 12:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I know a woman who divorced her husband they reunited and are still together now. They married young, had two kids...and eventually started fighting a lot. They split and she began dating again. One night while she was on a date or waiting for her date...her ex shows up at her house crying and BEGGING for her to come back. He'd never stopped loving her...and apparently she still loved him too because she went for it! They discussed what went wrong the first time and got re-married not long after. That was like 25 years ago and they are going strong.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• a lady at church did. her hubby was drinking too much and they fought. it took 5yrs and they remarried. things are tough again for them, I'm not sure the details. could just be work related, could be marital...could just be stress like the rest of us.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 2:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My S/O's aunt and uncle did. They have 2 girls, dad took 1, mom took the other and moved to Tennessee. 14 years later they decided to get back together. And boy are those girls different! They answer the nature versus nurture debate themselves! But getting off topic here...Anyways, They've been back together for 7-8 years or something like that. And actually, it's starting to go down hill again and we think his aunt might take off again.

Personally, I think if you were able to be away from them for such a long time then maybe it wasn't meant to be. People change, and you're not going to recover that same relationship you had before.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My husband & I did, it wasn't successful though.
    briandaddie

Answer by briandaddie at 7:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My SIL & BIL divorced after maybe 20 years and then remarried 3 years later. He cheated, but eventually she forgave him. Now my FIL seems to think that will happen for me and my STBX husband, but our issues were not the same and I told him although they re-married, I made my decision.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010