Would You Still Be Attracted to Him?

Would you still find your husband or boyfriend attractive if he gained enough weight to be considered obese? Mine has put on at least 60-70 pounds in the past couple of years. He looks like a drinker with a huge beer belly, but he doesn't even drink.

I don't consider myself superficial, but I find it very unattractive that my SO has neglected his health and gained a significant amount of weight. I do not want to have sex with him. Besides the appearance, I get mad because he has to take medications for the state he's put his body into by eating unhealthily and refusing to exercise. He has VERY high bp, high triglycerides and is most likely pre-diabetic. He wants to sit around all day instead of changing his unhealthy habits.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd still LOVE HIM, and I'd make our marriage work, but I can't honestly say I'd be attracted.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• mine is overweight he is almost 300 pounds and I love him to death. I will always love him even if he was bigger than that.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's a cause for concern both for his health and your marriage. I would not like it at all. But, I would also discuss it with him and emphasize the health implications. I would also make the whole family change their diet and lifestyle.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 12:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The health issues would scare me. That said, I prefer a man with meat on his bones.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• depends. some men look good big.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 12:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would still be attracted to him but i would try to help him drop some pounds.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• DAM GIRL !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 12:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If it is impeding your sex life, you need to hit up the marriage counselor... sex is an important part of a marriage.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Try to take him on walks to the mall or park. My so is the same and I literally have to force him to go walk with me.
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 12:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I guess I would be worried that he is unhealthy and that my children might lose their father because of preventable health problems! Both my husband and I have put on a significant amount of weight since we married 9 years ago. We recently have implemented a family plan to get healthier. This isn't because we aren't attracted to each other anymore, it's because we love each other, and have children! We feel that it's important to model a healthy lifestyle and also to be around for our children and grandchildren! Sounds like you might need to have an "intervention" with your husband out of LOVE and concern for his health and well being.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 12:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010