What is your earliest memory?

For me, it was being shoved off the top of the monkey bars in daycare. I remember what the kid who did it looked like, as it was traumatizing. It resulted in my biting a hole completely through my tongue.

My biggest question is: I was in DAYCARE - I was LESS than 3, and I want to know - WTH was I doing ON TOP of the monkey bars?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My earliest memory is eating lunch with my mom, on this little ottoman that was in our living room. A lot of my earliest memories involve both my parents, but mainly my mom. That was one reason I wanted to be a SAHM. My mom was always one as well, and I wanted my sons earliest memories to be with me. My mom was my very first best friend, and she always will be. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I remeber when we went to the MOON,, for some reason,, I can't remember anything else until I was about 4, but I was about 2 and my mom and dad were around our black and white TV,,,with the stereo on top of the console,,,,they woke me up out of my sleep,, and they said "this is the biggest thing that will EVER happen in our lifetime!!" I didn't quite understand,, to me it was a very grainy stupid version of Lost in Space, but to this day I will never forget Neil Armstrong, and his quote One, small step for man, one giant leap for Mankind,,,,,Thanks Mom for waking me up,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• One day I just realized I was alive I know it seems silly but it was like I just woke up. I was 4.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I distinctly remember my mom bringing home my baby sister. We had brown carpet and my mom laid down next to the baby on the floor. I was SOOO mad that little baby was cuddling my momma... I pushed her away and snuggled my mom. I remember it very vividly. I was 19 months old.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was less than 3 and i was watching my pregnant mom and my asshole father argue outside. My mom saw me and called for my older siblings to shut the window and close the blinds. When they did, the accidentally closed the window on my fingers. ...which was rather painful.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Being afraid of my great great grandmother who was in a wheel chair and had a really deep voice.
    Trying to figure out my great uncle Dewy...he was odd and smelled strange. Found out that the reason why was because he carried hickory nuts (from the tree in the front yard) in his pockets when they'd fall.

I was two.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was 2 years old and we were moving from Virginia to Tennessee and for some reason I remember us staying in a hotel before our housing came up. I also remember getting so JEALOUS when I was like three or four because my parents rented a hotel room for my sister to throw a slumber party in and I wasn't aloud to go.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was 3, I remember when my brother ran over my had with a push lawnmower, My dad had his back turned when it happened. I remember the lawnmower going over my hand and the rag wrapped around my hand with my mom holding my hand above my head in the car ride to the hospital. I do not remember what happened after that. My mom told me that I pretty much slept for the whole hospital visit while they were stitching things back on. I didnt loose anything on my hand but my ring finger grew a little skinner on top then the rest of my fingers.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I remember being 2 or 3 and my mom coming home from the grocery store. I got excited and yelled "Mommy!" and remember her smiling really big and coming over to pick me up from where my sister and I were playing on the floor. WHY that one stands out, not sure. I really think it's because I have so many memories of my mother being stressed out and angry when I was little that her smile makes that one stand out.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 12:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My earliest memories are of being home in the summer time with my mom, getting to do "big girl" things when my brother and sister were babies. I was probably 5, the summer I finished kindergarten. My mom would put us down for a nap, and she would tell me I could just pretend to sleep til they were sleeping, then I would get up with her and we would have "girl" time, watching tv and having a snack. Another of my favorite memories is when my sister was born, my brother and I were staying at an aunts house, and I remember very clearly my uncle answering the phone and saying that my dad had called and said "Oh no, it's another loud mouth girl" (Jokingly of course!!!) LOL! I was a very very talkative child...and my sister ended up being even worse =)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2010