Is it normal for husbands to have a "private" life away from spouse?

He's been unfaithful in the past. Now he swears he is a changed man, yet, he has a private email which recently I found has friends on it that I do not know. He has private everything......He is a private man. Should I trust him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't there is nothing that should be private in a marrage. Well eccept bathroom time :-)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• There can be seperate hobbies and social activities and friends, but if anything has to be hidden or not disclosed, then something is up. I wouldn't trust it.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Seems a bit shady to me.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If its so private that he is hiding it from you that certainly would raise the question why? If I was in your shoes I certainly would be very suspicious....
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 12:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• In my marriage, due to my husband's on actions in the past. "Privacy" of that manner isn't okay. And would not be tolerated. My husband knows, understands this. And has held up to his side of the agreement when it was made 15+ years ago.

Every marriage is different however. In some marriages that sort of privacy is fine. It all depends on the couple. Their reasons for being okay with it or not okay with it.

Whether you should or should not trust your husband, is something only you can decide.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i think when your married theres no such thing as PRIVATE! I mean they can have friends and go out by his self with them but there shouldn't be a private email that you dont know about.
    MY DH gave me all his emails and passwords, to emails. facebook, etc and I did the same. theres no private in marriage, that only leads to temptation
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• To an extent. He could have a life of his own, but if there is a need for him to keep something SECRET, that's when it's gone too far.

Privacy does NOT = secrecy.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If he has been unfaithful in the past, the burden of proof is on him. Seriously. You have a right to be comfortable in your own home, and you are not.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i doubt he's not doing anything wrong. :-(

lizdixson

Answer by lizdixson at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• no
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010