How common is it?

I saw a post saying the DH cheated on them. So I want to know how common is cheating in marriage? My DH and I have been married for 2yrs and have never had any problems with unfaithfulness. Also does anyone know how common it is to have an open relationship? I think thats creepy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, isn't the statistic that 50% of marriages end in divorce? I'd say the stats on cheating are even higher.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's sad isn't it?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No idea. My DH has never cheated, but he behaved questionably right before our daughter was born. It changed the fabric of our marriage for a while, and he had to work hard to earn back trust.

As for an open relationship - I'm not in one, but I once worked with 3 couples at the same job who were swingers.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think the statistic is like 70% of all people cheat on a spouse/partner.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Wow!! I don't think about anyone else but my husband..

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My husband had a one night 15 years ago.. We had been married less than 10 years at the time. Now married 24 years.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think it is WAY to common and one reson our youth are so screwed up when it comes to relationships. I know that my husband and I have not cheated on each other. I hope that we never get to that point. It isn't about sex it is about making that person ( in this case your spouse) feel less important. If it was ok, then why keep it a secret. The open marriage thing is like a pp said..just plain creepy. I have no desire to share my husband and i don't think he wants to share me either. (help him if he does). An open marriage is just a polite way of saying that we cheat and the other knows. marriage isn't meant to be open. If it were, then polygamy would not have been made illeagal and adultry would not be grounds for divorce. Once you cross the line from being faithful, you are no longer a spouse, but you are a liar. IDC if your other half knows or not. Not many women I know gladly share their husband.I find the whole ideas sick
    soccerjunki

Answer by soccerjunki at 12:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would prefer to have an open relationship, but he isn't ready yet. So we are both monogamous... I can't imagine cheating, half the time I don't want to deal with sex at all let alone enough to go find someone else. And seeing how he doesn't even want to have another girl in bed with us because he would feel like he cheated I can trust that he wouldn't. But I think it's a fairly common issue in more conservative families than in those with spouses who are open to other options. My mother was married 3 times and all 3 times they cheated. And to be honest if I had to be married to her I would cheat too. My mother is very conservative - to the point where masturbation is a sin even if done with your DH... Where homes like mine, where just about anything goes, there is no need to look else where...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• we went threw that but we talked and right now everything is good I still have trust issues w/ him
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 12:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• the way I say it is let them have my hubby cause I will get the house, the kids and LOTS of child support, but of course that would come after I chopped off his cock!.
    ..but I don't think hubby would cheat :) so I am good
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2010