Why did I lose 5 credits??

I had started to answer a question and i had just typed a few letters and for some reason I hit enter by accident and my answer posted. I thought it was not right to leave that on the page so decided to delte it so I could post my answer and it cost me 5 credits. Seems a bit unfair to be penalised for doing the right thing. This happen to anyone else???

Healthytomorrow

Asked by Healthytomorrow at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep, it happened to me too. I thought that was crap!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not to me, but there are other people saying it has happened to them to.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yep... that is the new rule, if you delete an answer or post it takes points. In the future I would just leave it and apologize for it in you corrected answer.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I deleted an old answer to a question yesterday and I lost 5 credits. If we don't get credit for all of the old answers, then we shouldn't lose credits for those old answers, either. Hopefully CM fixes this - like we should get a 5 min safe period to make changes if need be.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If you'll look in the answers group, they explain that.

It's because so many people were always deleting their answers for various reasons (someone said it better, they changed their mind, etc) and they feel that CM's purpose is for Mom's to learn from one another. It's hard to do that when content is constantly disappearing.

I think I remember seeing that this is a test of some sort. This is one of the changes that they're going to see how it goes, and maybe change it, depending on the outcome.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hmmmm. So if you make a mistake you can't delete.. That seems a bit silly.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I did not know that.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I lost 5 points, I want to know how do I get my credits?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Cause you deleted your answer, that's why
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i know i think thats stupid!!! in the "my questions" section, i hate seeing all my questions there, i like to delete them once ive gotten an answer..usually i keep it posted for at least 2 days...and then i like to delete..but now it costs me points?? stupid!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010