My 8month old will only stay asleep at night in his bouncy chair thats in the crib ! For naps he sleeps in the crib buy at night I put him down very sleepy then 2 min later he's standing up I'm just concerned should I stop this? & worrtied about him getting like a flat back on his head from the chair

Thank You : ) sorry about the TYPOS

sissaymay

Asked by sissaymay at 12:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with the others - just take the chair away. At this age, it's best to get him used to a sleep method he can use for years to come. Maybe try making the soothing routine before bed a little longer to help him be "ready" for bed. And don't be surprised if the rough adjustment period goes for almost a week. Maybe my kid is more stubborn than most, but it can take him that long to get used to a big change. Whatever you do, just be consistent!!

But I think babies just like to stand! Don't worry. My son does the exact same thing - he'll be all sleepy and snuggly with his little blanket while I'm there, but as soon as I walk away he's up on his feet and playing with shadows on the wall or "talking" to his toys. The little bugger! Just let him be for a while, and he might fall asleep. I sometimes have to come back and "remind" him that it's time to sleep (every 15 minutes or so). Eventually he gets it and falls asleep.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• May be just a bad habit he has gotten into. I certainly would not recommend having a baby sleep in a bouncy chair in the crib at night. Have a word with your pediatrician and see what they say. I would put him to bed in his crib, don't have the bouncy chair in sight at all. It might take a while and a few days for him to get used to it but it will be so much better.
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 12:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'd stop, you might have a few rough nights but he's going to grow out of it sooner or later
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Honestly I would so say not to do that, sorry. Put the baby down in the crib, its much better for the baby. Sooner or later he will be too big for the chair what are u going to do then? Baby will sleep much better lying down....
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 12:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Take the chair out and just start laying him in the crib. He will probably take some time to adjust, but eventually he will be too big to put in the chair anyway so you will either have to fix it now or later.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think that the longer you allow this habit to go on, the harder it'll be to break. I don't really think it's safe, or good for him. I understand how it's tempting...heck, there were some night when my son was younger that I just wanted to strap him into his carseat and sit it next to my bed some night, lol. But...you need to break the habit before he gets to where he can't sleep without it. The first few nights will be rough so expect that. However, when he's tired enough, he'll sleep, Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Maybe once hes asleep i can pick him up & put him in the crib , Hes strapped in so he can get hurt in the chair"

I am sorry, but I am cracking up reading this. I am NOT making fun of you, or laughing AT you. I'm laughing because I know, as a mother to a baby, how difficult it can be and how you'll try anything to just get them to sleep, lol. Hang in there, I know it can be frustrating and babies can be so particular! My son is like that. He likes things a specific way, and if you don't do them that way, he'll give you hell for it, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Maybe once hes asleep i can pick him up & put him in the crib , Hes strapped in so he can get hurt in the chair
    sissaymay

Comment by sissaymay (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010