Is there actually a sex position to make boy, girl or twins?

A friend told me that by doing certain position in or off bed you would have the gender you wanted is this true?

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 12:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i think this a tale! there is absolutly no postion to get the sex you want or twins! although there is a timing thing to get the sex you wnat!
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 7:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• hhahaha thats crazy, i dont think thats really true..however i have a daughter, and it was always missionary. the guy (my ex) loved being in control..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes, its called shettles method. Its a scientific approach to sex selection. He has a book called, how to choose the sex of your baby. I've read it and it really makes a lot of sense, actually. Let me know if you want more info. Its more than just the position, it gets into timing and fluids.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It isnt position that helps it is timeing. Girl sperm live longer but are slower and boy sperm are faster so they reach the egg quicker but dont last as long! So if you want boy you have sex right at Ovulation and if you want girl they say to have sex two days before Ovulation! GL
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 12:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Lol, none of these work. The gender of the baby is up to the chromosomes that are carried in each individual sperm. Us women have no say in the gender of our children:(
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My husband says doggy style makes boy, missionary makes girl.. That is how we done it and that what we endued up with.. Of course my husband has a lot of crazy theories..
    TNmom2three

Answer by TNmom2three at 12:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not so much a postion but I heard somewhere certain foods can help??? Woman staying lying down for a while makes a difference too supposedly....
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 12:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't think it has anything to do with position. The only thing I do know for sure is like was posted above, female sperm are slower and male sperm being faster. I do know that DH and I had sex the day I ovulated for each of our children and have a boy and a girl. I just think it's the luck of the draw, whichever sperm makes the trip the fastest.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not sure the doggy style thing works.. lol. that's how I ended up with my DD>
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• LMAO! There are a lot of old wive's tales, but no I don't think any of these is actually accurate. Besides, there is no way to tell if that's how it happened unless that was the only way you had sex period with no deviation. Or if you can pinpoint the exact moment you get pregnant, which isn't likely.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2010