What do I do with all this damned EMOTION?!

I'm a rather emotional person. I need the interaction of others to feel really fulfilled. Especially my husband. We spend a lot of time together and we click wonderfully... but sometimes I am just overcome with this awful, wonderful motivation toward romanticism, this overwhelming need to express how much I love him and to have him reciprocate. I do my best... writing notes, telling him, trying to communicate it in any way... it just doesn't sink in to him lol. Which leaves me feeling less than sated. I NEED for him to really SEE how I'm feeling sometimes and he just... doesn't.

What's worse is that my body sometimes interprets this emotion as sexuality... which would be okay if I didn't already outpace my husband by quite a bit in that department lol. When he turns me down when I'm feeling like this it really hurts my feelings.

I just don't know what to do... I need an outlet for this and don't have one. Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I can be like that quite often. I have to watch myself or I feel like I put myself out there too much. My hubby loves me very much but he is short on words. I will spill my heart out and he is like "okay" not the kind of reaction I want. So I actually hold back some. I write poetry. I write love letters and keep them to myself. I know that may sound dumb but it helps. Recently my husband told me he reads my poetry and I had no idea. He says he likes it. I guess it is an indirect way to express myself. I just keep in mind he says I love you by his actions. I agree with finding a hobby. I garden and I love my plants! It is an outlet for me that I need.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Oh gosh honey...I don't know how to help you..I understand where you are coming from. I feel that way too sometimes (not the sex part lol lost my sex drive after dd was born and still haven't gotten it back) But i understand the feeling like you NEED him to show you that he loves YOU for YOU....its hard.. I wish i had a good answer! :(
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Do you have any hobbies? Like sewing, painting, needlework or anything like that? If you did that may help to take up some of your time. Or maybe you could volunteer at your local hospital or nursing home. I know it sounds wierd but it really does help!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 12:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think you need to relax!! I am an emotional person as well, but YOU are the only one that can truly make YOU happy!!! It took me 40 years to learn that others cannot make you happy,, when we look for it in other people, it makes them feel trapped and responsible,, YOU need to be thankful for your husband, and thankful that YOU are a good person and not look for reassurance from your spouse,, neediness is a big TURN OFF,,,and being at peace with yourself is the greatest gift you can ever give your family!!! Just take deep breaths and count to 10 before you feel the need to have him smother you with love,,huggles to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I've had a similar problem from time to time. Occasionally I am mushier than my hubby and that translates into sex, and he'll either be more into the sex than making love (if that makes sense), or will just turn me down and not get it at all. I found that keeping a journal helps. It helps me get out my emotions without overloading him. And if that doesn't work, I clean lol.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Write a journal entry every night, or if you're feeling romantic, write a book just for you...tell stories, get it out. daydream, rant...whatever you want in a journal. I have written letters to my kids every few years. I have laid in bed and cried, prayed...talked to myself in the car...ranted on cafemom...
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 2:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Women are naturally more emotional. You need another outlet. for your emotions. Try something new and give it all your passion.
    Sunflower62

Answer by Sunflower62 at 4:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2010