i have a weird mark on my body.........

i was in the sun for a lil to long a couple weeks ago...and i got majorly burned on my shoulders!!! i hurt so bad, im still peeling like crazy..i dont hurt anymore, but i did for one week!! anyways..now on my shoulder i have this weird brown spot, its small..but big..lol..its about this big ( ) anyone know what it could be??

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Health

• I'm not sure, but I'd definitely get it checked out by a doctor. Sun damage should always be looked at. It may be nothing, but you never know. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Sun burns put you at a substantially greater risk for skin cancer. There are 4 things to look at when determining whether you need to have a doctor check out the mark A- Asymetry: Most moles are round and not irregular in shape so if the mark looks irregular it should be checked out. B- Border: The Border should be defined C- Color: Most moles are uniform in color and a variance in color may be cause for concern D- Diameter: if you notice a mole become larger and changes in size, this is concerning.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 2:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• could be just a freckle... or could be worse.. id show my dr
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would ask your doc about it to ease your mind!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 1:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i would see a dermatologist about it.
    heartsandskulls

Answer by heartsandskulls at 1:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• it could be a new freckle which mens you scarred your skin...or as was mentioned it could be something more sinister. go to the doc. and good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Get it checked out. Anytime you get sunburned, use Shea Butter on it. It helps the skin heal itself & minimizes peeling.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2010