What is your favorite misunderstood lyric?

Example my little brother thought Eddie Murphy was singing My Girl Likes to POTTY All the Time.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 1:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Rock The Casbah by The Clash... I don't know if it is a commonly misunderstood lyric, but for some odd reason dh had the song playing, and my 4 y/o still goes around singing "rock the cat box" lol he does it so randomly, its hilarious.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 1:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Omg, this is really embarrassing, and my husband makes fun of me ALL the time for it, but...you know that song Maneater by Hall and Oates? Well, when it says, "she's a man eater"...Omg, I don't even wanna say it, lmao...I thought they were saying, "She's a bad eagle", bahahaha. I thought it said that when I was little, and I guess I never learned the real words, and once I sang it in front of my husband and he was like, "WHAT did you just say? Baby, PLEASE tell me you did not just say Bad Eagle", lolol! :blush:
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The song PANAMA by Van Halen was really popular when I was in High school,, I used to ride with my T-tops off of my car singing at the top of my lungs CATTYWALMP,, now why I thought it was catty walmp,, I have NO idea,, it wasn't until 15 years later,, when DH and I got married he had the CD--- I asked what is Panama> and he played it,, HOW embarassing@@@@@@@@@
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• ACDC dirty deeds.
    when my husband was little he thought it said "dirty deeds and the thunder chief!" LOL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• he when i was younger there was a popular country song that says "I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E..."

when iwas little ithought it was
    "I spilled tea all over you and me" LOL!!!!!!!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• anything by the police hahaha. sting is very hard to understand when he's singing. still love their music though
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• This isn't really what you're asking, but I have a really hard time with that song "Second Chance" by.....(Oh, wow, I need sleep)....???

I know part of the chorus goes "I just saw Haley's Comet, she waved", but only because I looked it up. But no matter how many times I hear that song, I can NOT make those lyrics fit in there!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Shinedown! That's who sings it! LOL.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• "dont tell my hear" it thought it was dont tell i fart lol and growing up my mom was religous and she had a song called "god has not forgot" i thought it said god is not the god lol!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• That song that says "our love's in jeapordy baby" I always thought it said "i lost in jeapordy baby"
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2010