PUPP- HELPPP!!

I'm 37 weeks and just started to get the PUPP rash a few days ago... it seems like it is gradually getting worse and worse. The dr told me to use Cortaid, does nothing for me. He told me to get Zyrtec 10mg tablets and Eucerin lotion, does nothing for me. HELP MEEEE. I am laying awake at night itching like crazy, tears in my eyes, and hating pregnancy. I see the dr again on Monday and am trying to hold off until then with these useless creams and such...Anyone have any suggestions on something that might ACTUALLY WORK??! I am willing to try anything.

tiffanyjt22

Asked by tiffanyjt22 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Health

• What you can do about skin rash during pregnancy: There are many home remedies for PUPPP, and what’s right for you is whatever makes you feel better. Try taking an oatmeal or baking soda bath; or applying cold compresses (and have your partner refresh them often). Or apply aloe vera gel after you shower, then put on soft cotton clothes (and gloves if you’re a scratcher). If the itching becomes unbearable, consult your practitioner or dermatologist about medications or anti-itching creams. (Some topical steroids are considered safe during pregnancy but must be used in small quantities under strict medical supervision. ( I found this online at http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/whose-body/skin-rashy.aspx )

Answer by admckenzie at 1:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• have you tried benadryl? my ob said it was safe for me to take while pregnant...maybe this will help
    heartsandskulls

Answer by heartsandskulls at 1:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I haven't tried benadryl but will call in tomorrow and see if it's ok to take... I'm scared to take or use anything without the OK but I just need something to take this itching away!! I've had it!!
    tiffanyjt22

Comment by tiffanyjt22 (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well I never heard of Pupp. I will have to google tht one. Good luck tho. Hope you can get some help when you see your doc...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I found this info when I looked it up. Yup I had never heard of Pupp... but anyways here is wht I found...
    According to someone who was itching to death, the antihistamine piritone was very helpful. Taking claritin and pepcid ac has been a relief for some pregnant moms. Others swear by Grandma’s Tar Soap. A dermatologist recommended menthol aqueous cream to one of my client (prescription) and she found relief that way for her pupp rash.
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Try benedryl cream on the rash. My friend actually used a yeast infection cream like monistat.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i tryed the benadryl it just got me a grogoy but still itcy. so im now using the benadryl gel it worked for like an hour then the itch comes back. i've also bin doing the aveeno oatmeal treatment bath. it ok until its time to get out of the tub the itch never leaves.
    so im ganna try the granma's tar soap an see what happends . im so despret! im just only 5 month i have four more month with this. this is the worst prego ever.
    princessfanta

Answer by princessfanta at 1:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• This is a website dedicated completely to pupps.  It may be helpful.

http://whatispupps.com

j_barnhart4

Answer by j_barnhart4 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010