Does anyone watch the t.v show, "Hourding: Buried Alive?????

I cant believe people really live like that. Im not the neatest person in the world but I cant imagine letting my house get out of hand like that. SMH!!!!

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Crazy shit, huh? One lady on that show thought her cats ran away from home, BUT nope they were dead and buried under all her garbage. It's sad, really.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes, and it's disgusting. Makes me feel much better when my homes a little messy, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Once or twice.

I once was part of a group made up to clean out a hoarder's house once after they'd passed away. It was AWFUL. She kept tissues and used Q-tips and everything.

*shudders*
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Ok,I just remembered something. On Hoarders, not the same show, but pretty much the same thing, there was a lady who literally had over a TON(in weight) of dirty diapers that she had worn in her home that they removed. Can you imagine the smell? Omg, I was literally sick to my stomach after watching that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yea thats the most unbelievable thing ive ever seen. i mean wouldnt u realize that u couldnt walk into the living room..then the kitchen...then the bedrooms...then the basement and it just keeps going and going! and i thought i was a messy person. i really feel sry for them that they live like tht and it doesnt seem like they can do ANYTHING about it
    Mandyyy

Answer by Mandyyy at 1:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No - I joke that I'm afraid to see my mom's house on there but her house isn't that extreme. My mom is just the type that likes to go to dollar outlets and buy stupid things that no one needs just because it's cheap...and she has money but is amused by the stupidest things like all the knick knacks that currently clutter the house.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It is usually brought on by a trauma in their life! It is very sad. And very hard for them to overcome. I really dont know if I could live that way. Hubbys grandma is a pack rat and I am sure the only reason she isnt like this is cause she has a camper full of stuff and a room in the barn full of stuff!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 1:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yes i watch it i am addicted to watching it lol, i watched it today after we cleaned out our garage and I felt so much better about how easy it was to get rid of things and that the little we didnt get to was nothing compared to those homes. I do feel really bad for these people and the small children i have seen ont he show. one family had lost their kis because of it and were trying to get them back. so sad.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It is brought on by trauma and its not something to be made fun of. My ex went to jail for dv back in 03. I lost my four bedrm home and had to move two kids and myself into a one bedrm apt,..I put everything else in storage. I had boxes in my one bedrm appt to the ceiling for a long time. I didnt know what to do or where to go beside getting the kids to school and me to work for a long, long time. We went to counceling twice a week, it was so hard. Today, we are in a two bedrm apt, kids have their own rooms. I got rid of a lot of stuff, including the storage unit, but only when I was ready to let stuff go. Until you have been there, you have no idea what its all about.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I've watched Hoarders, and I also love How Clean Is Your House on BBC America. I can't believe how bad it is for some people. I know it's like an illness, they feel physically ill when they try to get rid of stuff, but OH MY GOSH I could not imagine living that way, with mold, bacteria, dead animals, live animals that aren't suppose to be there, yuck. I'm glad there's people out there trying to help them (even though I'm sure they make a nice living off of the filming of it).
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2010