How do I remove a tick off of my husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How the heck did he get heck did he get a tick on him?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• he best way to remove a tick is to pull it off gently, leaving the tick and its mouth parts intact. This can be difficult because some ticks cement their mouth parts into the skin. Every effort should be made to remove this cement if it does not come out with the tick. Applying heat, alcohol, petroleum jelly or fingernail polish to an embedded tick is not effective. The following is the recommended procedure:

Use blunt curved tweezers or a thread.
    Grasp the tick as close to the skin surface as possible and pull upward with a steady, even pressure.
    Do not twist or jerk the tick because this may cause the mouth parts to detach and remain in the skin.
    You should pull firmly enough to lift up the skin.
    Hold this tension for 3 to 4 minutes and the tick will back out.
    DO NOT squeeze, crush, or puncture the body of the tick because its fluids may contain bacteria.
    Immediately dispose of the tick. (if you don't want to link to it)

Answer by admckenzie at 2:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• http://dermatology.about.com/cs/miscellaneous/a/tick.htm

Answer by admckenzie at 2:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• HA HA I thought that said how do I tick off my husband and I was thinking let me count the ways.... :)
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I've always heard you burn it off with a match, because if you try to pull it off, the body will break off and the head will still be inside.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2282541_burn-ticks-match.html

GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 2:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Pull the bastard off.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• burn it after you get it off, you can't kill it by squishing it. GL!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• grab it near the head and pull in the direction that the body of the tick is going. that usually removes it easily without leaving the head in it.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 2:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I also heard put vasoline on the area where the tick is. Tht will suffacate(SP?) it. I have done the tweezer thing 1 on my dd, dog and cat. They are no fun!! I do not remember those growing up!! Yuckie!! While camping my gf had one on her shirt, dh had 2 one on his shirt then one tht started to go in!! Got them all off and did a tick check on the kids...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• forgot to say when we got home unpacked another one was found on the floor!! There should be some type of spray tht we can get rid of those...
    Judmr