Does any of your toddlers have exzema?

Our 15mth old has always had sensitive skin but her face has been getting alot worse breakouts.

mom2wy

Asked by mom2wy at 2:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try Aveeno Oatmeal bath.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have eczema on my hands and I think my daughter is getting it on her feet, they peel a lot and get little blisters :( She's 16 months.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My LO has it and I use very gental Aveeno lightly scented. My hubby has it pretty bad.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No dairy Keep baths short and infrequent Put coconut oil on the afficted areas. Be careful with which Aveeno products you purchase: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse.php?brand_id=441&&showmore=products&atatime=500

Answer by rkoloms at 7:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My daughter is 12 months old and has eczema .... I also use Aveeno, but I put Aquaphor on the bad areas
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My son is 18 months and has eczema. Talk to your dr - ours recommended we not cut out dairy unless it started to bother him (which it doesn't). He has it on his arms and legs and she prescribed a concentrated hydrocortisone lotion to use on him once/day every other week in addition to his Aveeno lotion. She also said dermatologists have very differing opinions about whether to bathe more often or more infrequently - either way she said to not even dry him completely after his bath before slathering on the lotion. And if he goes in a chlorinated pool, shower him off immediately to get the chlorine off and put on lotion.

Answer by missanc at 9:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Aquaphor on the bad ones are really good to use. Have you noticed if it is linked to any food such as dairy or soy? My son gets eczema when he has too much dairy. I would maybe start a food journal. Also Aveeno is very very good for them. I also use a baby eczema cream made by Disney and I love it for my son.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• both my girls have eczema. we use do oatmeal baths a lot and I use Mustela Selatopia products. it helps
    tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 12:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• my daughters face got that bad too, we used coca butter cream...or jhonsons baby oil lotion...
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well I think it is bad but hubs doesnt think it is to bad. It isnt noticable till you get up close to her or the light hits it. All three of my kids have it some just not that bad. The boys just have it more on their bodies. She really doesnt use alot of dairy. She likes cheese but she is still bf and she can't stand cow milk. LOL So I dont know. Will have to get some more Aveeno that is what I used on our 4yr old son when he was having the prob. I have been using eucerin cream on her but maybe I just am not using it enough!

And thanks for all the replies!
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010