im suppose to deliver at scripps mercy in san diego in hillcrest

does anyone know how all of there service works do i get to keep my baby with me at all times? are the rooms comfortable? my sister in law gave birth at UCSD her room was nice she had a house bed and a bith pool but i didnt like the service she got they were to rough with her and demanding

Asked by _MORENA_ at 12:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i did kaiser in zion and it was great not sure about scrips sorry

Answer by Patience1 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I have kaiser too, so i dont know either, sorry.

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I have to answer this in two parts because my answer's too long...LOL. First part: I had my first daughter at Scripps Mercy almost 8 years ago. Maybe it's changed since then, but I didn't have the greatest experience. They had a nursery, and brought my DD in to me in the morning to nurse. Maybe I could have kept her with me; I didn't think to ask. Also, I had a roommate--you had to pay extra for a private room--and the rooms are pretty small.

Answer by momkitkap at 8:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Part Two: I thought the L&D nurses were great, but the recovery nurses sucked!! It was like once you had the baby, no one cared if you needed anything. Also, having a roommate sucked!! My roommate used all the toilet paper and didn't say anything, and then I had to pee (really bad!!) and had to wait (forever!!) for them to bring some, and then the nursing assistant acted like I was a pain in the ass for calling. :( I had my second daughter here in Madison, WI and it was so much nicer!! All private rooms, with a pullout couch for my husband to sleep and no nursery so our baby was with us at all times. Recommendation: take a tour so you're familiar with the rooms, and get a private room if you can!! Good luck!!

Answer by momkitkap at 8:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2008