what type of wedding?

When money is some what tight what did you do to make it nice wonderful memorable

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, me personally, it's not what you shelled out at your wedding that makes it memorable... but the vows!
    My friend did a themed wedding party. She didn't spend a whole lot. She had the wedding at her parents house, by the beach, so it was luau themed. They had a mass cookout, and everyone was invited. It was a huge block party. The wedding was awesome. Everyone had a blast.
    The maid of honor and best man came dancing down the aisle - followed by all the bridesmaids and groomsmen - song was "I'm bringing Sexy Back". None of the guests knew, including the parents. It was hilarious.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• try not to spend to much on the not needed stuff and just injoy friends and family
    amommyslife03

Answer by amommyslife03 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We didn't care about getting married, only being married.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My niece had the ceremony on the beach. Got her gown at a discount place (it might have even been ebay). Then she had a catered party on a shaded patio area of a friend's house near the beach. Food was mostly cold salads and meats. Great time! It was most important to see a bunch of realtives who we don't see very often.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Remember that WHO you are marrying and the fact that you are getting married is what makes it memorable!! My parents paid for my wedding - everything (invitations, cake, dress, tuxes (they paid for all my brothers), flowers, etc) cost less than $3,000. We did not have a full reception. We only had cake and punch. It was SO much fun and there was no limit to how many people we could invite to the wedding. We had several hundred friends and family there. We also had a decent sized wedding party. I had 5 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, 6 flower girls, and 2 ring bearers. :-) It was wonderful having so many special friends involved in the wedding. For the rehearsal dinner, we got a fried chicken dinner from a fast food place that catered. I think to feed all those involved and their families was about $200. We didn't even decorate the church. Just put up some candles. I didn't care at all! For photographs we
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• . . . asked local photo places for recommendations. We were given several names of non-professionals that took photos. I went and viewed their work and picked one who I liked. She did a great job and gave us ALL the negatives and pictures she printed. It cost $700. That is included in the $3000 cost of the wedding. Figure out what is important to you and spend the majority of your money there. Pictures were important to me and that is the most expensive to our wedding.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My husband and I had a justice of the peace wedding, so we want a real one soon. We're planning on doing it outdoors at a beach (cheap and/or free!), and doing cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. I found the dress I want--it's a retro style sundress and only like $80, and am planning on having a bouquet made out of a few flowers and old-fashioned lollipops. We'll be printing our own invitations, and the hubs wants to get a nice pair of pants and a linen shirt to wear. It will be fun, inexpensive, and just our style. I haven't decided where we'd go for food, but we've thought about barbecue--there are some places around here that will cater fairly inexpensively. Some of our friends have offered to do a BBQ too, so then we'd just have to buy the food and they'd cook it.

My first wedding I actually did at a country club for under $1600, including dress, food and DJ, but that was like... 13 years ago? Lol.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 1:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010