Disipline?

Do you believe in spankings? I never spank but if they are doing something they know they aren't supposed to i just give em a time out. My oldest are twins and they're only 3.

Mandyyy

Asked by Mandyyy at 2:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't believe you should ever hit a child. It teaches them hitting is OK and then when they hit they wonder why everyone tells them it is wrong. Sounds like the time out is working for you. And if that is the case, then it shows that you have taught your kids that the parents need to be listened to. As they get older you can start to withhold things that are important to them. They all have something that is special and will not want withheld. Best wishes
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I never hit my children. But I do spank them when necessary. They know hitting is not ok. Do they do not fear me or dad. However, they do fear our wrath. I often get complements on how well they behave in public.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Nope have not spanked my girls. I have a 15 y/o and 11 y/o but they sure did see the time out chair when they were little...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I pop my daughter on the bottom but always as a last resort. I also do time out and I take things away.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010