Ok, so we had "the talk". Now what?

I posted a question a few days ago about wanting to have "the talk" with my bf (meaning the moving forward in our relationship talk), he agreed with me, said that he loved me and didn't want to lose me. So two days later we are right back where we started, as tho we never talked. What do I do now? Just move on from him, he's never going to be what I want? I really don't want to get into it with him again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• ahh honey! so many women especially, want to move faster, get the relationship defined etc. Let the man think for a bit and breathe hon. men can be a bit slower with these things even if they agree with thier SO. enjoy what you have now, today too. I would really suggest not stressing too hard on this because it might scare him off or add pressure to the relationship that you really dont want. ya know?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Men do wan to take it slower but if it has been years then yeah its time to decide what the furture holds if its only been a year then conversations can start but you dont have to figure out the long term quite yet. If you are ready right now and he isnt then your not looking for the same things and that is already going to make ths relationship rough.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Leave walk away and Till him that you are done for now that you understand that he is in no way ready for the kind of relationship that you want him to have with you. So there for you are cutting tyies that you have with him tell him no contact for 3 weeks and if you or him feel differant then you can call that means his friend and family then afte 3 weeks see where you are then or if he missed you like crazy good luck hope you find your answer....Oh yeah if he should call you before the 3 weeks is up then the 3 weeks starts again.
    It does work
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 3:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Being single and being independent for a while is the BEST gift a woman can give herself. Seriously.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's only been 2 days? I didn't see your previous question, but i mean 2 days seems awful fast to expect major changes. Was it just that you wanted him to spend more time with you and declare you his girlfriend? Or move in and get married? Either way it seems early to expect him to flip around and act like you want him to.

But you know him better then we do, if you think he's really not going to come around then by all means, walk away, because you need someone who's going to be on the same page as you.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010