• In the Spotlight:

Why does the past always seem to creep up on you when you least expect it?

At 17 I went to stay with my mom and ended up hooking up with a bf of another girls. I left and they got in a fight over me and him, but I was gone so I thought everything was settled with them with the whole situation. She facebooked me reciently and asked me questions so I told her the truth, thinking her bf told her the truth and I guess he didn't. He msged me saying they broke up cause of me and all this shit, saying we didnt do anything at all, which is a lie. but, anyways. He's trying to make me seem like the bad person and fuck, I feel really bad and I don't know why. He's the one who lied. Not me. Plus, I was single and he had a gf. He lied to her, not me. Should I feel this bad about it?? cause I feel terrible. I told her not to break up but she's probably just freaking!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• if this happened when you were 17, how old are you now? Things happen when we are teens, stupid things happen and you move on, they are learnign experiences and thats it. I wouldnt even talk to this guy anymore its not worth your time and dependsing on how long ago this was it is pretty sad that this girl is still digging for the truth. He must have done other things to her as well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Everyone exspecailally you need to move on. What happened happened let it go. Its a guy.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• everyone makes mistakes when they are teenagers. but whatever. that was then this is now.

i would suggest you just put it out of mind, and dont deal with it. it was his problems. if they are still together and he cheated on her then he is still probably cheating. i don't think your at fault, i think she needed to know the truth. and it could be that they broke up because of his lies and not the actual cheating. if he had of come clean with her then, when she talked to you know it probably would have turned out different for them.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 7:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• He was in a relationship and you weren't...he got caught and he is trying to make you feel bad because he got caught. I wouldn't worry about it now...just learn the lesson and keep yourself out of situations like that.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• What you did wasn't right, but at the same time it was on him to be faithful! Let bygones be bygones and don't let it bother you. You can't take back the past you can only learn from it. Move on...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hey its not your fault!!!! You were young and naïve I'm sure she's. Gone through it too.
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 3:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010