Did you ever...

do things as a teenager that you would be mortified of if your child does? Or were you a perfect child? Hahaha.

Elaborate!

LittleWeloosMom

Asked by LittleWeloosMom at 3:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL - YES, there are a lot of things that I did as a teenager that I would kill my kids if they did them. (I do have two teens, so...) They know about a lot of them, but they don't know about all of them. BUT - as I tell them, yes, I did stuff I wasn't supposed to do, but some of them came back and bit me in the butt, and some of them, if I had gotten caught, I would have gotten in trouble. Hopefully, they're smarter than I was in that they don't do some of the same things, and, if they do something that they aren't supposed to be doing and they get caught, they'll get in trouble.

I also remind them that they have the mixed blessing of having a mom that's more involved and cares more about what's going on in their lives than I had, so the likelihood of getting caught is higher ;-) They also know though, that there's a lot of "upsides" to me caring more - so it's all good :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hell yes and I am not going into detail. Gosh I hope he is a NERD and not worried about fitting in LOL
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 3:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• haha lendales mommi! I seriously hope my kid is a nerd too! Is that bad?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• oh heck yes! didnt everyone? lol. I really hope my daughters don't take after me in my teenage years!!
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 3:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes I did and no It was not to fit in, I had my own agenda for a while
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Lots of things...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I did things.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No not at all me and SO talk about it some times!! Peer pressure is such a HUGE DEAL these days it seems like kids wll do anything to fit in :(
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 3:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• uhhhh... a LOT!!!!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yes a lot when i was young. the thing is i don't tell what i used to do and somehow they follow in the same footsteps. How does that happen?
    bkm68

Answer by bkm68 at 4:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010