Did you know some Kelloggs cereals have been recalled?

I just read it online:

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. - Kellogg Co. is voluntarily recalling about 28 million boxes of Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Froot Loops and Honey Smacks cereals because a "waxy" smell and flavor coming from the package liners could make people sick, the company said Friday.

Kellogg spokeswoman J. Adaire Putnam said about 20 people have complained, including five who reported nausea and vomiting. The company said the potential for serious health problems associated with the cereal is low.

Putnam said the lining of the cereals' boxes produced the off flavor and odor. Kellogg is trying to identify the substance on the liner that's causing the problem.

The products were distributed throughout the U.S. and began arriving in stores in late March.

Kellogg's shares were unchanged in midday trading.

Link below

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Too bad they are not being recalled for having tons of pesticides and genetically modified grains

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Watch Food Inc. that will explain all of the recalls. Warning: It's really disturbing.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• AprilDJC

Comment by AprilDJC (original poster) at 3:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Of course. My daughter just asked for Pops, after not having them for almost a year. Do you have a link for the lot serial #s affected?
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 4:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• AprilDJC

Comment by AprilDJC (original poster) at 4:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Thanks! Well, sure enough- I just looked and ours were recalled. Thanks again.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 4:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I started Food Inc, just haven't had a chance to finish it. I got through the parts about the chickens and cows, and that was as far as I got. Disgusting. I just asked a question about ground beef recalls, now that I think about it i'm SURE that is the reason for all the e. coli concern with them standing in their own poop and not being cleaned well before butchering. Gross.
    AprilDJC

Comment by AprilDJC (original poster) at 4:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yep! Horrible!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2010