What is the longest you have...

went without sex IN a relationship? Was it just because your DH was away, like on military leave... or just for spite?

LittleWeloosMom

Asked by LittleWeloosMom at 4:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Two years. We were having problems and I totally didn't feel close to him because of his abusive behavior and I told him this was why I couldn't. We're in the middle of a divorce now.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• About a month.... if that.
    Mandiii04

Answer by Mandiii04 at 4:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Probably about 6 months. I was going through some things and sex just wasn't appealing at that point.  We're good now....lol

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Just over 7 months was the longest in one stretch, but I've also gone 6 mos, 9 mos - though for that one he was able to come home like 3 weekends (or maybe 4, it's been a long time ago and I can't remember exactly how many weekends he got to come home - it was about 1 weekend every couple of months) during that time.

Basically, every time my dh has deployed or gone out on a workup, or, in the case of the 9 months, when he was in drydock in VA and we were stationed in FL. If he hadn't been physically gone though we wouldn't have gone that long. We've never been that angry at each other for that long that one or the other of us was wanting to withhold sex. For us, it's one of the ways we re-connect as a couple. To not do it as a "punishment" for us, at least, would be very bad for our marriage.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My ex-husband and I went a year without sex because he didn't want to after I had my son. After I lost my baby weight, he started getting interested again.....what a jerk!

I am now the same weight (150lbs) that I was that my ex found me so unnatractive and my now fiance thinks I'm sexy as hell!! Wish I felt as sexy as he thinks I am...lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 2 months... from after I had our daughter i waited another 2 weeks past the 6 week "rule"
    man.. that sucked
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 2 weeks after giving birth. otherwise we have never gone very long unless we were just tired or stressed. we have never stopped due to arguing or spite or anything. our sexual relationship is seperate from anything else like that
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 5 months. Yes, he was deployed lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• the longest i think was when i was pregnant about 3 months i just didn't want too but he was takin care of by me with all three of our kids while i was pregnant i never had a sex drive poor hubby
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 4:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Ummmm two weeks today. My husband and i used to have sex all the time but sadly when he comes home he is exsaustded from work........... and here is the big ONE we live with his parents and it's really hard to have sex when they are home among other things. Im also tired when he gets home but that dose not mean that i dont want to have "quality" time. before we got married we did it twice a day or more now im lucky enough to get it twice a week. Wish he wasnt so tired all the time i want a sex life agian.
    tiredmom223

Answer by tiredmom223 at 5:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2010