What do I do? About Baby Immunisations!

My son is 14 months and only had his 2 month immunisations. At the time, he was getting checked for asthma and couldnt have them, plus he was always sick for various reasons and couldnt have them done til he got better. I am feeling pretty bad about them not getting done. How can I go along with this? I feel like a bad parent and I'm hating being reminded by it. How can I explain to the nurses what happened without coming across as a bad parent? This sucks for baby and mommy but I need to get them done!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah, I wouldn't worry about coming across as a bad mommy. Who cares what they think, tell them the truth and get him to the doctors asap to get caught up!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• well you are not a bad parents first of all. life happens. i would just call the pediatrician, say you are aware he is behind on his shots and you wish to work out a schedule that is healthy for him to catch him up.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Of course yo uneed to get them. If he is always sick then thats one more reason to get them. Immunizable diseases can kill. Thats why they made immunizations for them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I intentionally delayed my son's vaccines. You're doing fine. Just don't feel guilty or act like you have done anything wrong because you haven't. Its your choice when the shots are given.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• don't worry at all about what the nurses, or any one else for that matter think! you are not supposed to vaccinate if your child is ill. you ARE protecting your child by waiting until he is stronger!
    do what you can to strengthen your son's natural immunity. feed him lots of veggies, give him fish oil and probiotics. i would take him to the chiropractor. chiropractic adjustments allow the nervous system to work at its best, this includes the immune system.
    also, dairy can cause asthma...i would also try cutting dairy and see if that makes a difference in your child's overall health.
    good luck to you mama!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• YOur fine. You can't give a sick baby shots. Just start make your appt. and get started on what you've missed. Many Mom's delay shots.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• immunizations are poison. Maybe you should do some research on why NOT to immunize then count your blessings that you didn't.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• they can catch them up
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• is there a chance that your baby's asthma is from his shots? if there is you may want to consider talking to your dr. often, adverse reactions get worse with subsequent rounds of shots.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• They give the same dose no matter the weight of the baby/child and that is disturbing. This country is over immunized and over medicated.

the last wildtype case of polio was 1979. cases after that were vaccine caused by OPV and since that was stopped in 1994 there have been no reported cases. YOu are fine to delay or not get the IPV. They have talked several times over the last 15 years about removing it from the schedule.

DTaP can be useful but the current schedule can make you get the shot SIX times. That's insane. TWo doses should have a probability in the 90s of confering immunity.

Where is your child going to get hepatitis B? Anyone in your family +? Work in the medical field? is iv drug use or sex in your baby's future?

Rotovirus vaccination has been pulled off the market TWICE. It is unnecessary. The infection is 100% treatable by rehydration.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2010