am i wrong?

My 12 y.o. son always offer me to sit on his lap, usually i refused, but once we were packing in the van and i haven't place to sit, he asked me to sit on his lap again and i did,i sat all the way,about 1 hour, it's doesn't seemed heavy for him, so on the way out i sat on his lap again

amandastokes

Asked by amandastokes at 7:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Why would that be wrong? The only thing I see wrong is that it's unsafe to ride in car like that. Was he seatbelted in? I guess it's better to have you on his lap and not seatbelted then him?
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Whaaaa? If there was really no room I'd have my kid sit in my lap but I would not sit in his. That just sounds weird besides it's illegal to be in a vehicle without a seatbelt and if it was that crowded someone didn't have one on. Just seems weird that you would even be thinking about this.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 12 years old? I would have made him si om my lap, not the other way around. unless he is a LARGE12 year old and you are a SMALL mom.

Answer by louise2 at 8:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The only reason you would think it is wrong is if he got an erection or you started to think sexual thoughts...
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 8:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't agree with sitting on children's laps. I don't find that acceptable.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If you had no choice.Idont see the prob.
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• hmmmm...... not sure what to say about this!
    Maggiemae4

Answer by Maggiemae4 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I sit on my older son's lap he's 15 - not in the car but occassionally on the couch...although its more of a play thing if he takes my spot. We wrestle a lot which people probably think is weird, but he'll lie in wait for me and start wrestling. My 12 yr old still curls up in my lap, and we wrestle too. I guess I just feel lucky to have that kind of closeness with my kids and don't see anything wrong with it. I'm still the parent but its okay sometimes to just enjoy them and not worry about what other people think. He obviously loves you enough to want to protect you or make you comfortable and there is nothing wrong with that. Also boys tend to want to show how strong they are, my boys use to try to carry me up the stairs or throw me in the pool all kinds of stuff. As long as there isn't anything of a sexual nature (which I would guess there isn't) I would say your son loves you.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Whats the problem?
    NatiMarti

Answer by NatiMarti at 2:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2010