Where did this Rash come from?

I know you can't diagnose me, but I'm hoping to get some opinions. :)
I woke up this morning with a rash from my neck down. It basically looks like I am blotchy all over. Not raised bumps or anything. It's starting to get closer together so I look like I have a sunburn all over. Some parts are itchy, but overall it's not.
My hand and arm is starting to swell a little too.
Could this be from a bug bite or viral or what? Any rash words I can google?
My 4 yr old has some red bumps on his cheek only.
No fever. I've had headaches the past few days, but I assumed it was because I was tired.
DH just went to get some benadryl for me.

ARmom

Asked by ARmom at 8:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Health

• My daughter had the same thing a few weeks ago and now my niece has it as well. I took her to the DR. and they said it was a reaction to a virus and nothing more, to put Benadryl on it. It was gone within two days. Many people around here have had the rash, so there must be something going around.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's always hard to tell with a rash, but since it's been so hot, my first guess would be a heat rash. Feel better soon!
    Cafe Amber

Answer by Cafe Amber at 9:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's a reaction to something. Benedryl should clear it up.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Sounds like hives. My 4 yr old had an allergic reaction to the sun last month and it started out looking like a "pin-prick" rash and ended up with her entire body covered in hives.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Did you change bedding or use a new laundry detergent or Fabric Softener? I would start there first.
    LancesMom

Answer by LancesMom at 11:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010