I need a new recipe please

Yes I have googled but there is just to much! What is something you make for you family that is relatively cheap and easy to make. Casseroles are great for us. But any new simple and delicious meal would be appreciated.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I call it Lana's Pasta b/c its my daughter, Lana's, favorite pasta. I take a chicken breast, cut it up to small pieces and cook it on the stove until its cooked all the way through (usually like 5 minutes, since its cut up small and cooks fast). While I do that, I boil some elbow macaroni. I drain it, then mix the macaroni, chicken, a can of diced tomatoes and some shredded mozzarella cheese together. Then on top, I add a mixture of bread crumbs, some italian spices, and parmesan cheese. Then, on top of that, I few a few spots of butter. Then, I bake it on like 375 for about 10 minutes. Yummy! I think I'll make that for dinner tonight.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• cheeseburger casserole (its from bisquick on their website). thats always a good cheap thing for us. all you need is bisquick, cheddar cheese, an egg, milk, and ground beef
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• One of my "go to" recipes when I need something quick and easy... (you can easily cut this recipe in half, I have to feed 6 people so it needs to be large)

2 packages of au gratin potatoes
    2 cups frozen peas and carrots
    1-2 cups cooked, diced ham or chicken (I cook and freeze ground beef, ham and chicken so when I don't have a lot of time some night, I can just defrost it really fast and add it to almost any recipe)
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Prepare the au gratin potatoes according to package directions.
    Add the frozen veggies and the ham or chicken.
    Cook according to package directions.
    Sprinkle the top with the cheese and cook an additional 5 minutes (just enough for the cheese to melt).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• lol. I have that one! WE LOVE it! I add cheddar soup to the meat mix sooo good!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• MEXICAN LASAGNA

1 pkg. (8 lg.) flour tortillas
    1 lb. hamburger
    2 cans (16 oz.) refried beans
    3 c. cheddar cheese or CoJack, shredded
    16 oz. sour cream
    Garnish (opt.) : sliced black olives, tomato wedges, chopped onion, red chopped & green pepper

Layer flour tortillas in a lasagna pan (cut with scissors to completely cover bottom of pan), 1/2 of meat, 1/2 of beans, 1/2 of cheese, 1/2 of taco sauce, dollop 1/2 of sour cream; repeat. Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour then garnish if desired.

WE LOVE THIS ONE!!!
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Spaghetti Pizza Pie is one of our favorite easy dishes.

8 oz Spaghetti noodles cooked
    1 egg
    1 lb hamburger- cooked
    1 jar spaghetti sauce
    16 oz mozzarella cheese

Use a pie pan and mix the cooked noodles with the egg. Put noodles and egg mixture on the bottom of the pie pan.
    Mix hamburger and sauce together and put on top of the noodles.
    Cover with mozzarella cheese
    Bake at 350 for 30 min.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2010