ance like a teen~HELP!

im 6weeks post-pardom & have the worst acne of my life!! no ive never had perfect skin, but usually only battled the occasional pimple during my time of the month. i knew to expect my hormones to be outta wack a while after delivering & things to take a bit to get back to normal....but this acne isnt normal! i swear, i look like a teen going thru puberty these days & NOTHNG seems to be helping! i have avoided makeup unless i just need to wear it, wash my face constantly & watch what i eat....but the more i try to avoid it, the worse it gets. anyone else have?had this problem

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I know this seem like it really is terrible, but it happened to most of us who have had kids. I used the velocity skin care system by Mary Kay with blemish control toner before during and after my pregnancy. It helps so much. If you have any extra cash I would look into that. You will see a difference in a few days. I wish you luck and congratulations.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Congrats on the birth of your little one!! I had the acne issue too after the birth of my kiddos. Like you, I didn't have perfect skin, but I had it under control. You are right your hormones are out of whack from just having a baby. I had been using Mary Kay and it stopped working for me, I tried the proactive and that was a no go too. I used the Neutrogena Advanced Solutions and that worked for me. I would also drink plenty of water. That can help.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Post-PARTUM acne? I really didn't know about it. I only had the post-partum edema and later, loss of hair. I imagine you would treat the ACNE the same way as anyone else would. And you could ask your Doctor.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Its really common the first several months after you give birth to have acne. If you're looking to clear it up I love the Avon Clearskin Professionals Acne Clearing Kit. You can try the trial set for 9.99 at www.youravon.com/dhullum if you do use coupon code fsany for free shipping. Congrats on your new baby!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well first you should stop stressing. Stress causes an increase in acne. Also you should make sure you moisten you face with a light moisturizer or use a face mask to keep your skin from drying out.

If your skin is oily try using a raw egg on your face. But if you have dry skin try making a homemade face mask. Watch the ingredients in your face wash. Here is a quick list of foods to watch out for when trying to get rid of acne. Good luck!

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Oh my gosh! You poor thing I completely feel you! I never had perfect skin either but after my daughter was born, oh lordy! I would seriously be washing my face and be in tears at the same time! I pretty much didn't want to leave the house and it was really hard on my self esteem.
    First, I wouldn't suggest pro-active. I tried it and it just made it soooo much worse. I didn't have insurance for myself and not enough cash for a doc so I suffered, trying everything else I could get my hands on.
    What FINALLY helped me? I happened to mention (like I even had to) how upset I was to a woman who CONVIENTLY happened to be an esthitician (sp?) and she gave me several samples of Dermalogica. Cleansers, moisturizers, etc. It's not cheap stuff, but I swear by it! Find a salon with an esthitician who works with Dermalogica. Tell 'em you've heard of it and would like some samples to see if it's the right product for you.
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 2:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010