why didn't they fix that anon question problem?

i feel bad for the mamas that have a serious question that they feel they can't ask. do you?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think what she is refering to is the fact that most of us are aware that if some responds to an anon question, the actual screen name of the OP shows up on the transcript of the person that answers the question. This was pointed out Friday and it was stated that Cafemom was aware of the situation and they were working on it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Have they fixed the anon question problem? Where you can find out a person's screen name, when they ask a question anon, but answering the question?
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Nevermind, I just answered an anon question, went to my transcripts and there was the person's screen name. So the answer to that question is a no.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I usually don't want to invade another person's privacy so I don't try to see who asks questions anon
    Summersmom360

Answer by Summersmom360 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• But you CAN ask anon.. you just can't reply anon.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hi happy2bmm25,

pipermomofash is correct. Check out the Phi Beta Mama: The Answers Group for all the details!

``The CafeMom Admin Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

There's no "trying" involved. It's printed on your profile page every time you visit it until you have enough activity to knock it off the page. Answer an anon question and you will see the anon's name until you have a dozen more answers, vote ups or bumps.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010