Jobs

What do/did your kids want to be when they grow up? Does it change frequently? What do you think that they will end up doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son wants to be an astronaut. He is 5 and he's wanted to be an astronaut for about 18 months. We actually took him to NASA when we were visiting Houston a few months ago because of it. :-) I don't think it's incredibly likely that he'll stick with that desire forever because he is young, but we'll see!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My 10 year old wants to be an inventor - and he probably will end up doing something in the science/math field because that's where his abilities lie, but I'm thinking more like engineering. My 8 year old changes her mind all the time! And she's very well rounded, not sure what she'll end up doing.

Answer by missanc at 9:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• my daughter is 16 and wants to do something in psychology

my son -we have no idea...wehn he was little he would tell me like 10 times a day how he wanted to be a firefighter! it was so cute cause he couldnt pronounce it right he's almost 14 now and doesn't remember that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My oldest, now 26 and still searching, wanted to drive race cars. That is all he talked about. He joined the Coast Guard and became a diesel mechanic. My middle, now 23, is into computers. My youngest, who is 15, is heavily into music. He is going this week to do some recording. His musical idol is Stevey Ray Vaughan. I can live with that.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My DD is 3 and it changes all the time. She wants to be a cook, a ballerina, a gymnastics, a mommy etc etc.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 1st DD (age 21) ~ Wanted to be a pregnant mommy doctor, an astronomer, a daycare worker, and then a computer tech (rebuild). Today, she is a daytime nanny of 2 children (she gets to bring her DD with her) and works retail on the weekends while working on her college degree in computers. :)

2nd DD (age 18) ~ Wanted to be a ballet dancer, a seamstress, a journalist, a forensic expert, an actress, and a chef. She just graduated HS and is joining the military to gain a variety of experiences and to travel the world before she makes up her mind. She still wants to be a chef, but she also wants to learn how to be a sharpshooter.

3rd DD (age 16) ~ Wanted to be a lawyer, a teacher, a doctor, an archeologist, a forensic expert, an actress, a web designer, and a multitude of other professions...lol. Today, she is a teen still searching for her identity so I won't even hazard a guess...I just want her to be happy.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My son always was attracted to the police. He is grown and is still in that field. I heard people say that kids change their minds many times growing up but mine pretty much always knew what he wanted.
    MaryBethBest

Answer by MaryBethBest at 7:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010