Hernia in the groin and upcomming delievery on the 2nd....

I have a very painful hernia in my groin and I am to be induced on the 2nd of July if I dont have her by then. What I am a little concerned about is my hernia and pushing. Does anyone have any knowlege on this or any experiences??? I have my appt the day before induction, but I am really curious.
Ty for any and all answers

MammaJLoves

Asked by MammaJLoves at 9:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry, I don't know anything about it. I did bump you, though. Have you asked your doctor about it?
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Oh, and congratulations and good luck! :-)
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would call your doctor or midwife to discuss your concerns. Presumably they would not recommend a vaginal delivery if they thought that there was danger with the hernia. My sister had a hernia and ended up having a c-section because of it. Perhaps it is based on the placement and severity of the hernia whether it's safe to deliver vaginally or not. But definitely call your doc's office to discuss it--it is a legitimate concern. Good luck to you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010