We are going crabbing, anyone have a favorite way to prepare blue crabs?

I am not sure we will get much or if we do, what to even do with them. We have had blue crab claws as an appetizer at a restaurant, but that' the only way I have had blue crab. Does anyone have a recommendation as to how to prepare these little buggers?

If our take isn't worth it at least we will be able to let the kids check out some coastal critters. We might just let them go.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oh, man, I'm so deadly allergic to crab it's not even funny...
    but I found this for you...
    http://www.thebarneys.org/huntfish/crabbing/recipes.html
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Steamed with Old Bay Seasoning.

Answer by Bmat at 10:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Thanks so much for the links and the seasoning suggestion ladies. We went and were wildly UNsuccessful. I think we got out there too late and it was darned hot. I didn't realize where we were going to be so I wasn't prepared like I should have been (old shoes or something better than flip-flops) and DD really hated the muddy area we had to walk through so she was attached to me like a barnacle. LOL. We got a couple of them and when we knew we couldn't get enough to make any sort of a meal we turned our captives loose. Sad part is, one of them gotten all twisted up in the net and DH had to break off his leg to get it out of the net. He tossed the claw leg into the cooler with the crabs and when he went to turn them loose the one whose claw he broke off was taking that thing with him. LOL. I was in the car, but I really wish I could have see it. I bet that critter was thinking some choice words at that exact time.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010