Chicken Pox

OMG1 Thank goodness we 3 are vaccinated or had it,because there was a kid out yesterday at Old Country Buffet that had it! He still had open pustules! I said loud enough for those around us "I hope you all are vaccinated,because that kid has chicken pox!" How stupid are these parents?! there was a newborn baby 2 tables down from them!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• even being vaccinated you child can still get it. also the vaccine wears off about the age of 12. so it's better for them to get it when they are young. chicken pox is not deadly for kids but it is for adults.

but i do agree the child should have been at home recovering instead.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 10:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Wow! What inconsiderate parents!

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Some parents really do not like to be inconvienced. When my ss's had the chicken pox, they stayed home until they were scabbed over.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If tht child had them in no way should tht child be at a buffet!! Now tht buffet your talking about is tht the one in Portland Maine? Just wandering...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Two of my kids were vaccinated and still got chicken pox - so be looking for it!

Answer by missanc at 9:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Nope Judmr,the one in Grand Chute,WI !

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Wow! Why would you take your sick child out to eat at a buffet of all places! A drive thru would be more appropriate.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• that soo gross. why would you take your sick kid out to eat in public like that. Not only is that a health concern but the child isn't feeling well. They should be home resting. Poor kid
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• That is a public health issue especially if a child is out with open pustules and a new baby is nearby. Granted I won't take my newborn son out just for this reason, but still. The restaurant manager should have asked them to leave and does have the right since it can harm others in his restaurant. I wouldn't have wanted to eat anything after he was near it with open pustules. Just wrong of those parents.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• wow take a kid out with chicken pox???? That is crazy!! I had them 3 times when I was younger, so I would say to be on the lookout for them.. Good luck..
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010