• In the Spotlight:

SWELLING!!!!!

OK SO LAST WEEK MY FEET STARTED SWELLING AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN I WOULD GET OFF BUT I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND THERE KINDA SWOLLEN ALREADY I WILL BE 36 WEEKS ON WEDNESDAY ANY SUGGESTIONS LADIES.

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe someone has a better idea but I remember propping them up and resting. Congrats on your pending arrival:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Prop them up is all the doctor told me to do. Congrats though!! Im sure you are more than ready for your littl one to be here! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's pretty normal to have some swelling at the end of your pregnancy, especially in the hotter summer months.
    Reduce your salt intake, increase your water and kick you feet up as much as you can and it should help.
    At your next OB appointment make sure your B/P is fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• prop them up and drink more water. make sure your doctor know just in case your blood pressure might be high. and no tight socks they only make it worse
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Let your doctor know because they will want to keep an eye on your blood pressure. I was swelling like crazy at the end of my last pregnancy but my blood pressure was good so my doctor wasn't worried. I was so relieved when the swelling finally went down a week after I had my son!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Pretty much prop them up above your heart. The only time they worry about swelling is if it is accompanied with high blood pressure or protein in your urine sample as this can signify preeclampsia. Drink water to stay hydrated and remember it is summer which makes swelling worse in many people especially pregnant women. Good luck and don't worry. Oh you can also sleep with pillows under your feet at bedtime as that may help too.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You're lucky. I started swelling like that at about 30 weeks, lol. It's usually perfectly normal, but I always recommend asking a doctor if you're concerned. Prop them up and stay hydrated. Honestly, though, they'll probably be like this until you have the baby. It sucks, I know. Mine were so bad that you could press on the top of my foot and it would stay indented for at least 20 seconds. It was disgusting, lol. Everyone is right though, it could possibly be pre-eclampsia, so maybe you should have the doctor check your blood pressure. With mine, my blood pressure was fine, I was just retaining a LOT of fluid.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• make sure your not eating foods high in salt and keep your feet elevated and be off your feet as much as possible!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Surprised they haven't swelled up sooner... I am at 23 weeks and I am already experiencing swollen feet and ankles... doesn't help that it's also Summer...
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 1:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It gets worse the farther along you get, try to stay off your feet as much as possible...last night i looked like i had cankles lol im 37 weeks
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 4:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010