How to get rid of garden pests?

Leaves of my peppers, roses, strawberries, nastursiams are being assualted by some bug. All I can see are white spiders & their webs. Are the spiders on the plants to eat the pest that is eating my plants or are the spiders eating my plants?
HOW TO GET RID OF THE PESTS??

smokeybear

Asked by smokeybear at 10:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try sprinking DE around, it is a safe way to control bugs, check this out: http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp ......it's all natural.. good luck !
    willswifey

Answer by willswifey at 10:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• the spiders are probably eating whatever is eating your plants. you can mix a little dish soap and water in a spray bottle and spray your plants with it. that will keep most bugs off the plants without harming the plants.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I know of aphids and Japanese beetles being two pests that eat leave of those plants. You'd see Japanese beetles, so I am thinking aphids? I'm not familiar with spiders such as you describe. Yuck. I've seen that you can use soapy water made from dish soap, but I always use a pesticide that I bought at the gardening store. Look on the package for precautions and what insects are removed. Do try to pick something that isn't harmful to beneficial bugs though. I can't think of any specific names to tell you.

Answer by Bmat at 10:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• what you described is aphids-small spiders that eat leaves until the plants are dead. mix some water and dishsoap in a spray bpopttle and spray the leaves and stems of the plants . its just soapy water so it hurts nothing, and still is "natural" soak the plants and do it until you notice no more webs. the webs are the indicator that they are still there,....I swear this works better than any chemical I have tried.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My grandmother is really into home remedies and she sprays vinegar on her plants. I haven't tried it, but she says it works.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010