What Color should I paint my Bathroom?

I need to re-paint my hall bathroom. So here's the details: The tile in the bath/shower part is grey, the floor tile is grey, the toilet & sink are grey and the vanity is white formica. I have a really pretty mirror/medicine chest with white trim. I have it painted very light grey now with pink & white towels but it is so boring and I hate grey & I'm tired of pink too. What color should I paint it & what color for the towels, toilet & sink rugs? I'm just going to paint & do accessories, no renovation. HELP Please!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• if your bathroom is small I would stick with light colors to keep it open looking... with a light grey try light blues, teals, maybe a pale lavender... do you have a theme in your bathroom? if you do work off those colors... for ex... mine is worked around light houses, reds, blacks, whites and mauve's so my walls are wall papers with flowers of mauve and the molding and trims are all mauve with a white shower curtain and matching window curtain...
    If you don't maybe think of a theme (even if you don't actually use it) and work off those colors...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i personally like earth tones. so i would go with something like that.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 10:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You can pretty much go with any color. I love greens and aquas in bathrooms. Have fun!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• On the Martha Stewart website, I saw a room with grey, white, peach and navy blue. It doesn't sound like it would go together but it was pretty striking. I'm thinking of trying it in a bedroom.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I just redid my bathroom and painted it a real light sky blue and have all dark accessories, black mirror, faucets, vanity, The contrast in colors looks so good :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Paint it a victorian blue (pale grey sky blue). Black accessories or white patinas.
    You can find grey undertones in almost every color. Purple tones go very well with grey also, like a light periwinkle.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would go with a mix between a Robin' egg blue and a teal. I think that would be really pretty. I have that color in one of my bathroom, with a lot of white, and then I threw in browns as accents (towels, a brown/matching blue shower curtain, etc.). I think blues are good for bathrooms, if in lighter colors, because they seem to open the room up and make it larger. Also, blue seems clean and refreshing, which is a color you want for a bathroom. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Depending on the shade of grey, I would go with either a light blue, orange, or a light yellow.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• creams and blues
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• With gray, you can do just about anything. It also depends on the size of the room ... small room, go with light colors.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010