how do you get a rabbit to stop eating cords?

we have our first rabbit and she keeps getting behind the tv chewing on the cords to everything. we have no way to block off the cords because of the table the tv is on. but i hate not being able to let her out of her cage because of it. It's just not right to keep her caged all the time.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 10:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pets

• I have a house rabbit who has run of one room all the time and the whole house when I can keep an eye on her. The easiest thing to do with cord is get pvc pipe and run the cord thru it. If it is shorter lengths of cord they make cord covers. You can get them at electronic stores or home depot/lowes.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We have the problem with our cat, it's why we named her Chewie. LOL! I bought those cord cover things from the electronics store, and I also staple sheets of paper over other cords. I double fold a sheet of paper long ways, fold it again and place the fold along the cord, enclosing the cord, and then staple the paper closed, being careful to not staple the cord. It only takes 2-4 staples per paper.

Answer by Bmat at 10:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• shoot it? JK...
    I would say, build a pen for it and leave it outside!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 10:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You can try getting some metal wire & Spiraling down & around the chords.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Make a play area for her; I had a friend who had a rabbit and it always went behind the stereo and tv. So I gave her my daughter's old play pen.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010