My 19 month old has been taking his diaper off all the time and peeing on the floor.

I tried putting pants or shorts on him but he just takes them off. Did you ever have this problem with your child?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he may be interested in potty training :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Oh, yes. Soon he'll be wiping poo on the walls. I went through this battle with 2 at the same time. Some may disagree with what I did, but I put painters tape around their diaper so they couldn't get it off. Worked like a charm.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Sounds like he is ready for potty training... Kids will let you know when they are ready. If you start now it will be easy to get him trained.
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Be glad that is all that is getting on the floor. My neighbor resorted to putting strips of duct tape on her child's diaper so her little guy would stop taking his diaper off. If he knows he has to go and has enough control to save it to pee on the floor, maybe you want to go to pull ups and have him sit on the potty. Can he talk so as to tell you when he has to go? He seems to have the dressing and undressing thing down. Now just teach him to clean himself and you are on your way!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Mine are 18 months and I have the same prob
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Try to insist that he clean up the mess himself (even if he isn't able to do a perfect job of it.) Before you leave him on his own, say at naptime or bedtime, take him to the potty.

Answer by Bmat at 11:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Lol! Bmat he would love to "play" in his pee! He doesn't quite understand the concept of cleaning yet! :) I have tried putting him on his potty and he has went a couple times but Im not sure if he really knows what hes doing or not.

Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2010