When do casinos become #1??

If casinos still have business and--- this country has had a long term debt as a nation known for it's agriculture, fruit,wine,apple trees, berry trees, and other things (potatoes,wheat,grasses,vegetables) we could be growing, than wouldn't it be more quickly profitable and better for the earth and our bodies and our minds and our families if we all had acres of land that we were just allotted to grow our own food, seems silly to keep ruining our air using the trucking and hauling like we do. Trucks pay up to or over 1/3 of their own money that paycheck to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• That was a lot to pyut out there. I actually live in Vegas and I am proud of it. It's the tourists who put the casinos on a pedistal, not the locals. Whenever my family visits I make plans, but I never see my family for more than a few seconds beofre they drop off their luggage and head for the casinos.
    Then they go back home calling this city a ses pool. I don't really get toursits, but that's not for me to analyze!
    As for farming... I don't know if I'm up for it. It's a lot of hard work. I know I worked on a farm for a summer, my sister's inlaws have a farm.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• the way i see it.... if we had to rely on ourselves to grow our own food...there would be alot of hungry people.... where I live pretty much everyone has their own little garden....but that doesnt mean everything grows .......also wouldnt that just mean more people would lose their jobs
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• In this country, no one get educated. Well the right way that is. We aren't taught to fend for ourselves, like when did you or myself last go out and kill our own chicken. We are not really educated, and it costs money to GET that education. We are just as poor in the mind and skills as any 3rd world , and sometimes I believe that 3rd world people would get the concept of growing food way way faster and appreciate it way more than 1 person here in this decrept and lost nation.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I also live in Las Vegas. Casinos keep our economy (mostly) going, providing jobs for thousands of people in the valley. The gaming taxes are what funds the schools here. Also keep in mind that we live in an area where we can't grow anything. It's the desert. It's hot, dry, and the soil is like concrete. I can't even keep my flowers alive.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010