Would this bother you?

If your mother-in-law starte hanging around wuth your husbands ex ...as in having lunch, visiting each others houses during the day, etc.

My husband has nothing to do with this woman and has asked his mom why she wants anything to do with her because when we first started dating the ex tried to cause problems, she tried to show up to our wedding ( 3 years ago) and when I had our daughter last year she called to ask if she can come see HER baby...... we figured she was crazier than we thought since she was just calling out of the blue but now I wonder if MIL has been talking to her all this time....

I was trying to get close to MIL ... I want a good relationship with her and we were headed that way but then she just started spending time with the ex instead of me......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, it would bother me. Sounds like MIL needs a good talkin' to.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• umm wow,Yes that would definitly bother the ish out of me
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 11:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Pretend like she doesn't exist. Don't mention her name and don't ask about her. If your MIL brings up something they did together, just say you are glad she had fun. Be cool, calm, and collected. Maybe it's a test. Pass it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Something fishy is brewing. Listen to your instincts. Your husband seems to realize what a wackado his ex was, so I think your safe there, but I'd be concerned about the trouble she could stir up with your MIL. Keep your distance and make sure you are around when your husband deals with his mother so you know what is going on. No way would I let the ex near my kids though.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes!! That would bother me! Your MIL is being completely disrespectful to you and your husband needs to fix it! Same thing happened with me and my DH made it very clear that it was VERY wrong. Good luck!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Honestly, it probably would. They weren't ever married, just dated. I would bother my husband more, though. He hates his ex. His mom recently accepted a friend request from her and he got so pissed bc she keeps sending friend requests to all of his relatives, lol. Being FB friends doesn't bother me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• She does sound kind of crazy with that our baby stuff. Your MIL may find something in that relationship that she needs- maybe your MIL doesn't have many friends and is glad even for this one. Or maybe they started a good relationship when your husband and she were married and your MIL doesn't wish to end it. Don't give up on your MIL. Try to ignore the friendship with the other woman.

Answer by Bmat at 11:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Whether or not it bothered me if my MIL was hanging out with my husband's ex would really depend on the relationship. It's hard on families when a couple splits up because they usually have grown to care for the ex, so as long as my MIL was just keeping up a friendship it wouldn't bother me.

However, if she was trying to get my husband and his ex back together or treating me really poorly to try to drive me away, it would bother me.

Either way, there's not really much you can do about the friendship. If she brings the ex around, about all you can do is leave and tell your MIL that you'd rather not be around the ex.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 11:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with Lifes-a-dance watch your back
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Ouch. That's gotta hurt! Yes, I'd really be upset.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2010