How much do you charge for house cleaning?

Would you charge per hour, or one flat rate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My SIL charges 12/hour
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• When I clean houses I charged $10 an hour.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• A friend of mine charges $12 an hour until a person agree to become a regular weekly or by-weekly client, then she charges one flat rate.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If I were hiring, I'd want to pay a flat rate. I'd want the tasks listed, and when they were finished satisfactorily, then the cleaner would be done.

Answer by Bmat at 11:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I asked my mom about this because she used to houseclean, and I was thinking about doing it too. My mom said she charged between $50-60 per house. Of course that depended on what they wanted done and how big the house was. I talked to a guy the other day who's mom cleans houses in St. Louis and gets paid $100.00 per house. She cleans four houses once a month. I think I want her job!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My friend and I used to charge 12/hr, $2 per errand- needing to drive to the supermarket, post office, pharmacy or doctors,ect...
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 11:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Charging by the hour seems good for the charger, but I don't like paying people who work in my home by the hour. They go a lot slower. I like to pay the fixit people and others just a flat rate for whatever is being done.
    We're cleaning my MIL's house and she offered to pay us by the hour for each of us, but we all decided on a flat rate based on how happy she was with the result. So, we're work harder to make her more happy. Not that we're going to take much from her to begin with.
    I'd pay $100 for the whole house if it was deep cleaning (bathrooms, shampooing the carpets, cleaning walls, stuff like that) or $40-$50 for basic cleaning (sweep, dishes, mop, vacuum, dusting and such).
    That's if I would actually pay someone to do my house.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2010