How often do you give your kids candy?

If your kids get a good haul on Halloween; do you just let them go at it, (after you check the candy of course.).

Mommy2mj

Asked by Mommy2mj at 11:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• On halloween we all share the candy...I've got 3 under 3 and last year I noticed they all had complete meltdowns after a few pieces...ugh!!!! We also put it up high, and out of sight, because if DD see it she knows what's in it and will want to just keep binging on it!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yeah. It's one of those special occasions. I'll let her eat what she wants after dinner and before bed that night. Then limit it to 4-6 pieces per day after that.
    It's about the only candy she gets all year except for what santa puts in her stocking and the easter bunny leaves in her basket, and that's not even very much.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 1 piece a day after halloween- it usually lasts so long we have to throw it away.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My Husband gets into her Halloween treats before any of us, as my daughter puts it, he takes the gross pieces.
    Mommy2mj

Comment by Mommy2mj (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• They very rarely have candy.  Basically just at Halloween and Easter and then they get to eat their fill for 1 or 2 days (depending on their behavior) and then I take the rest away and they might get a sucker once in awhile but usually I throw it all away.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• From Halloween until Easter there is more candy in our house than I would ever buy! It all comes from Trick or Treats, Fall Carnival, treat bags from family and friends and school parties at each "holiday". I don't even put candy in their stockings or baskets myself because it's just overkill. I give small non edible treats (nail polish, lip gloss, stickers, body glitter, coloring books, markers, crayons, puzzles, etc.) Occasionally there may be one item of their favorite candy or gum but that is it.

We share the Halloween candy also. They get several pieces a day for awhile, but not until it's gone, just until the candy craze wears off.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• hardly, they dont need candy. They are 2 yr and 11 months. My 11 month has never had candy, yet.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010