Teeth and Conception

I have heard that teeth issues can cause conception issues. Anybody have any experience? (IE, not being able to get pregnant, getting teeth fixed, then conceiving?)

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 11:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I haven't heard about conception problems, but having a specific kind of infection that causes cavities, I believe it is strep mutans HAS been linked to premature birth and sepsis in newborns. If you want more info, I have a lot of research about it at work, but I can try to find googled links for you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Wow. No, I've never heard of this, but it sounds interesting....can't wait to see others responses.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I haven't heard that, and I don't know how that would work. I do know that people with healthy teeth seem to just be in better overall health, but I think that has more to do with lifestyle than the teeth having something to do with overall health themselves.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No, but I know when your pregnant your supposed to take care of your teeth. You can have gums that bleed and sensative teeth as a result of being pregnant.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Never heard of that.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• kjrn79 No worries about doing additional research, but thanks for the offer! It's not real important at the moment, I was more looking for anyone with first hand experience or if it was even legitimate. I'd only heard about it once, and I don't even remember where (that would probably be helpful now...) so it might not even be a real thing.
    Pumelo

Comment by Pumelo (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• ok :) I"m just very interested in it myself. I have horrible teeth/ lots of cavities...my son has has none and he's 19. I can't figure out what I've done right.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010