Does seeing facial piercings make you feel uncomfortable?

When I see them as part of a cultural custom they don't bother me. I saw what at first glance was a raised mole to the side and just below a woman's lip the other day, and my first thought was gosh she should have a plastic surgeon take care of that, only to realize that it was a small round piece of jewelry that she'd put there.

Asked by Bmat at 11:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Not at all. Go them for having the guts to get the needle poked through their face and walk around being judged.

What people wear, including jewelry and clothes don't bother me.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It doesn't make feel uncomfortable, but it grosses me out a bit. I don't know why, but I kind of look at is as dirty. Not sure why.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• lol. That's hilarious!

To answer your question, no it doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I've had my nose pierced before. I took it out for career purposes, but have thought of having it done again. I think it's cute! But I can see where you're coming from. I use to worry people would think it was a giant pimple until they got a good look at it. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It doesn't bother me unless it gets extreme. Cheek piercings, etc. If it's extreme then I feel like I can't relate to the person. But if it's a normal piercing (eyebrow, lip, libre, etc) then it doesn't bother me at all.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• uncomfortable? no.
    there are some piercings that do nothing for me though...and some I really like
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• They don't bother me at all. I actually have my eyebrow pierced twice in my right eyebrow.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Don't bother me at all! I have my nose pierced and used to have my labret as well. I want to get my eyebrow redone, but no labret--it killed my gums.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 11:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I can't stand seeing people w/piercings on their faces...it weirds me out! And piercings in other places other then your ears...again, just not my cup of tea.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't mind it. I don't know anyone with a piercing.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 11:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not at all. I've taken most of mine out but I used to have quite a few.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010