How is pick-up of little ones handled at your dance recital?

Last night our 4yr had her first dance recital. Pick-up consisted in all the families waiting outside the curtain, then the curtain opening and trying to find your 3ft tall child amongst the madness. I'd like to have a better idea to suggest for next year.

happytexasCM

Asked by happytexasCM at 11:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• For all of the ones I was in when I was younger it was either just like you said or the parents were told what part of the stage we were going to be on and they would meet us there with one of the dance teachers. Aontherway that we did it depending on the ages of the kids is we would all be sitting on stage and the parents had to go to the back and sign oout the kids this way it wasnt madness It just had to be quiet enough to hear the name of the kid they were yelling.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Each age group was taken to a separate room, and one person per child was allowed to enter the room and collect the child.

Answer by Bmat at 11:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was thinking something like this, but the recital is in a college auditorium without proper rooms-or at least the rooms are somewhere else than right near the stage.

Perhaps next year they should be picked up by the dressing room door by "one" parent and released by the class mom.
    happytexasCM

Comment by happytexasCM (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My daughter's dance recital was the same way; what a mess!!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010