3D movies for a 3 yr old?

My husband wants to go to Toy Story 3 in 3D today with the kids. I'm just unsure how my son will take it. He sits nice for movies, and he loves to wear his sunglasses everywhere, so I'm not concerned about that aspect. I'm just curious as to how he'll take the pictures coming out at him. Anyone else taken their 3 yr old to a 3D movie? I'm looking more for people with experience, then a hypothesis.

xraydri

Asked by xraydri at 12:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We went to Toy Story 3 this week and saw LOTS of 2,3 and 4 year olds. They had a blast. Guess it would depend on your child but I'd take him. The other children sitting by us were laughing and had a great time.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• in my opinion for a 3y/o it adds an interesting and exciting element and holds their attention MORE. It's an added layer of cool fun you don't get at home. It's worth the few extra dollars to me, esp since at 3 they actually retain most memories of cool stuff like that. At ages 2-4 my kids saw almost all of the 3D movies that came out, always went crazy for 'em. More so than the 2d ones where u can space out, look around, get possibly bored/tired. you dont wanna take your eyes off the screen w/ a 3d
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My 3 year old didn't really like seeing how to train your dragon in 3d, but it was her first movie theatre expirence and the glasses were too big so she couldn't keep them on.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'm not a big fan of them as I trying to teach my son that what happens in movies isn't real. I alo get a little queazy watching those!
    PPM0610

Answer by PPM0610 at 4:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2010