Ok landy's I have a Question about tylenol pm are we aloand to take being pregnancy. I'm 21 weeks along. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes you can. and if you don't have pain but need help sleeping, take benedryl. (that's the active ingerdient in the PM meds that makes you sleepy)

that's what my midwife told me to do anyways
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I heard its ok to take it. I never have. but a friend of mine did while she was pregnant to help her sleep at night. She now has a health baby girl.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would always ask your doctor or midwife. My midwife had me taking Sominex for nausea in my 1st trimester (and it worked!). I just always made sure of any medications before taking them. I would imagine Tylenol PM would be okay, seeing as Tylenol is okay and the sleep med, but I would just call your doctor to make sure.
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 12:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• you can take it, when i was pregnant with my first i was always in pain and couldnt sleep so my midwife told me to start taking it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Your 1st and always 1st rule of thumb is to "Ask your Dr."
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes, I'm 18 wks and I have trouble sleeping he is sitting low and I have a lot of aches and pains at night, can't get comfortable at all and I can't sleep constantly tossing so I my doc told me I could. I have only been getting 3 and 4 hrs of sleep since I was 10 wks along and she told me to take some tylenol pm or benedryl and if I'm nauseous before I go to bed only take my phenegren cause it will make you sleepy too.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have been having the worst sinus and allergy issues for two days and finally broke down with a killer headache and took 2 tylenol and 1 benadryl (half a dose) I have slept like a baby all day and was told that it was safe. I always wait until I can't handle it any longer before I take any meds.....even the safe ones!
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010