Did you know that deleting your answer gets 5 pts taken off?

I needed to delete an answer to fix it, since there's no edit option once it is posted, and a message came up and said that it would take off 5 points. I wanted the OP to get a good answer instead of one that was mixed up, so I said OK, but it doesn't seem fair that we can't edit an answer and have to lose points if we try to fix it by deleting and reposting.

Asked by Bmat at 12:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I would just post a 2nd answer, correcting the info if needed.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with darkfaery131- i would just add an additional post. I noticed that it took 5 points too when I tried going through and cleaning up my old account questions (trying to not clutter up cafemom with old questions.... but just left it instead (there are some that either dont get answered or dont have a best answer or whatnot so I do hope cafemom revisits this option. or at least makes it an earn-able option by level...
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yeah, I read it in the banner thing before it all changed. Deleting a question will also cost you points, you have to close it and pick a best answer to not loose your points.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• sure did. you just post another time, or read it before you click answer question!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Guess there are bugs in every new change. Hopefully they can fix that.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• found out last night
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I didn't know that. I prefer to delete and edit, but I'll remember that and just post a revised answer instead if needed. I hope they fix that.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Didn't know what....they should raelly add an edit option because i often find mistakes when i re read things!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Thanks. I guess that adding another post is the way to go, but I don't like that the OP first has to read something that needs to be corrected and then doesn't get to read the correction until later. In this case I had misread the post and thought it was the OP's husband that was missing, turns out it was her sister's, so what I put in the post about the police contacting the OP made no sense.

Comment by Bmat (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• didn't know that*** see lol
    Mommy2JoshNJake